Dandruff may not be the most pleasant word to hear, but let’s face it, it’s a common hair problem both boys and girls face. Before you try to hide or banish the tiny, white flakes on your head, it’s important to know the facts behind dandruff first. That way, you can be sure that your hair solutions will be foolproof.
1. Dandruff is a dead skin
Yes, it’s dead skin on your face, scalp, or other parts of your body.
2. An itchy scalp doesn’t always mean dandruff
One common misconception about dandruff is that everyone almost always associates it with an itchy scalp. But an itchy scalp can mean a lot of things and not everyone who has dandruff has an itchy scalp, too.
3. Dandruff is not hereditary or contagious
Admit it, we’ve all tried to keep a distance from other people who has tiny, white flakes on their head. But before you run a mile away from your friend who has dandruff, don’t stress because it’s not contagious.
4. Dandruff is not caused by scalp dryness.
5. Eat a well-balanced healthy diet with enough Vitamins B, zinc, and essential fatty acids.
Aside from keeping your tresses healthy and shiny, a well-balanced diet can also prevent dandruff!
6. Dandruff shampoos require you to leave the products on for at least two to three minutes.
When you shampoo your hair with a dandruff treating one, don’t rinse it right away! Let it sit for a good two to three minutes to allow the chemicals to treat the dandruff.